AGRC Certificate in Corporate Governance
The Certificate in Corporate Governance provides participants with a thorough understanding of a topic that has gained increasing significance and attention by corporations, regulators, and researchers. At the same, the Certificate offers guidance as to how corporations can best prepare in creating solid governance structures that will equip them in dealing with modern day corporate challenges and risks.About the Certificate
Participants will review key definitions of corporate governance and the benefits associated with the implementation of good corporate governance practices. More specifically, participants will look in greater detail at the Board of Directors, covering the duties and responsibilities of Directors, the composition of the Board and the role of key post-holders, the key Board committees and how they are structured, and how Boards’ performance can be evaluated. Additionally, the Certificate places emphasis on how internal control mechanisms need to be designed and underlines how useful the three-lines of defence model may be.
The certificate also covers the importance of maintaining strong and productive relations within the Board that are based on trust and allow for effective meetings and interaction to be achieved. Lastly, emphasis is also placed on the modern concepts of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Environmental Social Governance (ESG) and Sustainability and how the Board needs to respond to these trends as they gain increased relevance and importance for the corporate world. The knowledge obtained by undertaking this Certificate is an invaluable asset for professionals that seek to enhance their career prospects in Corporate Governance.Learning Outcomes Here’s what you can expect to achieve following the completion of this Certificate:
- Review key corporate governance definitions that will allow for an understanding of the term and the importance it carries.
- Summarize the many benefits of a robust and effective corporate governance practice for your organisation.
- Understand how Boards function, how they are structured in terms of Board Committees, and how the composition of Boards should be shaped.
- Review the duties and responsibilities of Directors, identify the role of key post-holders, and understand the importance of building relations between Directors that are based on trust.
- Explain the need for diversity and inclusion in the Board of Directors.
- Describe the importance of Board committees covering areas such as audit, risk, and remuneration.
- Study how internal control mechanisms apply in a corporation and highlight the relevance of the three-lines of defence.
- Design effective and successful Board meetings.
- Identify the importance of ESG and CSR programmes to an organisation’s corporate governance practices.
• Register at any time
• Study on your own time and pace within a 3-months period to complete the Certificate
• Assessed by an online multiple-choice exam
6 Reasons to Become AGRC Certified!
- Comprehensive Knowledge | Comprehensive knowledge of what constitutes Money Laundering (ML) and the steps financial institutions need to follow to curtail the criminal world’s increasingly complex attempts to legalize the money accrued from its illegal activities.
- Tools, Information & Skills | The necessary tools, information and skills to transform you into an in-demand professional for financial institutions and other organizations looking to create or strengthen their AML divisions.
- Practical Knowledge | Via the use of five case studies, a thorough understanding of what has been put in practice across the globe to prevent Money Laundering from a legal, regulatory, political, enforcement and economic perspective.
- 1-Year Membership | Free one-year membership to AGRC, where you can exchange knowledge and share experiences with GRCC professionals worldwide.
- Professional Designation | Use of the AGRC’s professional designation as a Compliance professional.
- Study At Your Own Pace | Year-round registration with the option to complete the 10-hour online interactive Sanctions Compliance Certification at your own pace and schedule, plus two attempts to pass the final exam consisting of 40 multiple choice questions.
About the AGRC
- The Association of Governance, Risk and Compliance (AGRC) is a non-profit global professional accreditation and certification organization and networking platform
- AGRC is the fastest growing International AML and compliance community in the world
- AGRC aims to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and sharing of experiences among Compliance, Risk, and Governance professionals
- The AGRC Values: Education | Expertise | Innovation | Global Outreach | Networking
- Learn more..
- Definition of Corporate Governance
- Ethics and Governance
- Key Relevant Governance Theories
The Benefits of Corporate Governance
- Board of Directors
- Duties and Responsibilities of Directors
- Specific Requirements for Financial Institutions
- Board Appointments and Composition
- Independent and Non-Executive Directors (INEDs)
- The Importance of Diversity in a Board
- Committee Structure – Board Committees
- Key Post-Holders in a Board
- Evaluation & Continuous Development
- Knowledge of Industry and Organisation
Internal Control Mechanisms
- Internal Controls and Risk Management
- Three-Lines of Defence model
- Effective Meetings
CSR, ESG and Sustainability
- Definitions of Relevant Terms
- The Business Case for CSR, ESG, and Sustainability
- ESG, Sustainability, and the Role of the Board
• 20 hours of Self-Paced Online Interactive Learning
• AGRC Study Guide
• Analysis of Practical Case Studies
• Set of Mock Practice Questions
• 1-Year Free AGRC Membership
• AGRC Online Examination (two attempts)
• AGRC Certificate
- Professionals carrying out the roles of directors
- Members of the Board
- Senior Managers
- Company secretaries
- Compliance and risk officers
No previous knowledge or experience is required, although it is assumed that participants have good knowledge of English and a sound educational background.
The AGRC exam consist of 40 MCQs for the completion and award of the Certificate in Corporate Governance, issued by the Association of Governance, Risk and Compliance (AGRC). The pass mark is 70% and two attempts are permitted. The time allowed for the exam is 60 minutes.
You attain access to the exam upon the completion of the course. The exam is conveniently taken remotely from your own PC or laptop. You do not need to travel to an examination centre to sit your final test – rather, you can take the exam at your own convenience, at any time from the comfort of your home or office. All you have to do is to email email@example.com with your name, email address, and AGRC certificate of choice, and AGRC will send you instructions on how to access the exam.
You have three (3) months from the date of purchase of your training programme to complete the course and book your exam. If you fail to do so, you will have to pay £150 to take the exam via the third-party exam centre.
This certification has been developed by the Association of Governance, Risk and Compliance (AGRC) and course has been created by the European Institute of Management and Finance (EIMF).The syllabus is verified by external subject matter experts and may be accredited by financial regulators and professional bodies for 15 CPD units in financial regulation.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Most frequent questions and answers
What People Say About EIMF
You May Also Consider . . .
CISI Global Financial Compliance5 CPD Units 10 Hours €200.00 Add to cart
CISI International Introduction to Investment8 CPD Units 8 Hours €160.00 Add to cart
CISI Risk in Financial Services5 CPD Units 10 Hours €200.00 Add to cart
AGRC Certificate in Compliance15 CPD Units 20 Hours €650.00 Add to cart
Follow us on social media
Join the EIMF Family
© 2023 EIMF. All Right Reserved.