AGRC Certificate in KYC and CDD
A key concern and significant risk for financial institutions remain the possibility of unknowingly becoming complicit in money laundering actions, where illegitimate money is moved into legitimate institutions. In order to mitigate such risk, FIs have strengthened their internal control systems by increasingly making use of Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) requirements, as part of their anti-money laundering (AML) strategies.About the Certificate
KYC/CDD is a critical element for effectively managing the risks posed by potential clients (thus protecting the organization against criminals, terrorists, and Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) who might present a higher risk) and possible dubious actions by existing customers that need to be regularly reassessed.
This certificate course provides essential knowledge for KYC and CDD procedures which are key tools in assessing customer risk and a legal requirement to comply with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CFT) laws. Effective KYC/CDD involves knowing a customer’s identity and their financial activities, ongoing monitoring of business activities, and identifying and mitigating the AML/CFT risk a business relationship may pose on the regulated entity.Learning Outcomes
- Understand the importance of adopting effective KYC/CDD policies and procedures in a regulated entity
- Review international guidance on the essential elements of KYC standards and the applicable regulatory framework
- Have the ability to establish and maintain a solid CDD programme
- Successfully assess the different levels of due diligence that can be applied by an entity
- Efficiently deal with higher risk situations and cases in an effective manner
- Have a practical perspective on the adverse effects that can result from lack of efficient KYC/CDD procedures
- Acquire Theoretical & Practical Knowledge
- Attain The PAGRC Designation
- Study Online
- Learn At Your Own Pace
- Online AGRC Examination
- 1-Year AGRC Membership
- 15 CPD Units In Financial Regulation
• Register at any time for this online, open Certificate
• Study in your own time and at your own pace (you have up to 3 months to complete)
• Assessed by online multiple-choice exam
6 Reasons to Become AGRC Certified!
- Comprehensive Knowledge | Comprehensive knowledge of what constitutes Money Laundering (ML) and the steps financial institutions need to follow to curtail the criminal world’s increasingly complex attempts to legalize the money accrued from its illegal activities.
- Tools, Information & Skills | The necessary tools, information and skills to transform you into an in-demand professional for financial institutions and other organizations looking to create or strengthen their AML divisions.
- Practical Knowledge | Via the use of five case studies, a thorough understanding of what has been put in practice across the globe to prevent Money Laundering from a legal, regulatory, political, enforcement and economic perspective.
- 1-Year Membership | Free one-year membership to AGRC, where you can exchange knowledge and share experiences with GRCC professionals worldwide.
- Professional Designation | Use of the AGRC’s professional designation as a Compliance professional.
- Study At Your Own Pace | Year-round registration with the option to complete the 10-hour online interactive Sanctions Compliance Certification at your own pace and schedule, plus two attempts to pass the final exam consisting of 40 multiple choice questions.
About the AGRC
- The Association of Governance, Risk and Compliance (AGRC) is a non-profit global professional accreditation and certification organization and networking platform
- AGRC is the fastest growing International AML and compliance community in the world
- AGRC aims to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and sharing of experiences among Compliance, Risk, and Governance professionals
- The AGRC Values: Education | Expertise | Innovation | Global Outreach | Networking
- Learn more..
• An introduction to KYC/Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
• The value of Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
• CDD: Establishing and maintaining a strong CDD programme
• CDD in higher risk situations and record keeping requirements
• AML Case Studies
• 20 hours of Self-Paced Online Interactive Learning
• AGRC Study Guide
• Analysis of Practical Case Studies
• Set of Mock Practice Questions
• 1-Year Free AGRC Membership
• AGRC Online Examination (two attempts)
• AGRC Certificate
This module is addressed to all individuals who practice Anti-Money Laundering such as Compliance/AML Managers in Banks, Investment Firms, Investment Funds, Trust Service Corporate Providers and Lawyers.
The AGRC exam consist of 40 MCQs for the completion and award of the Certificate in Sanctions Compliance, issued by the Association of Governance, Risk and Compliance (AGRC). The pass mark is 70% and two attempts are permitted. The time allowed for the exam is 60 minutes.
You attain access to the AGRC examination upon the completion of the course. The exam is conveniently taken remotely from your own PC or laptop. You do not need to travel to an examination centre to sit your final test – rather, you can take the exam at your own convenience, at any time from the comfort of your home or office. All you have to do is to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address, and AGRC certificate of choice, and AGRC will send you instructions on how to access the exam.
You have three (3) months from the date of purchase of the training programme to complete the course and book the exam. If you fail to do so, you will have to pay £150 to take the exam via the third-party exam centre.
This certification has been developed by the Association of Governance, Risk and Compliance (AGRC) and course has been created by the European Institute of Management and Finance (EIMF). The syllabus is verified by external subject matter experts and may be accredited by financial regulators and professional bodies for 15 CPD units in financial regulation.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Most frequent questions and answers
What People Say About EIMF
You May Also Consider . . .
CISI Global Financial Compliance5 CPD Units 10 Hours €200.00 Add to cart
CISI International Introduction to Investment8 CPD Units 8 Hours €160.00 Add to cart
CISI Risk in Financial Services5 CPD Units 10 Hours €200.00 Add to cart
AGRC Certificate in Compliance15 CPD Units 20 Hours €650.00 Add to cart
Follow us on social media
Join the EIMF Family
© 2023 EIMF. All Right Reserved.