AGRC Certificate in Risk Management
The AGRC Certificate in Risk Management will explore the core principles of risk and risk management in the context of the financial services sector. This training programme will cover a wide range of topics, from the regulatory environment and risk identification to the three lines of defence model and the impact of risk on the broader business environment. By the end of this course, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to navigate the complex world of financial risk management. This training programme will guide you through the intricacies of the financial services industry, providing real-world examples and practical insights. The course features a structured approach with end-of-chapter questions to test your understanding, ensuring that you’re well-prepared to tackle risk management challenges.
Join us on this educational journey to enhance your understanding of risk management in financial services and to develop the expertise needed to thrive in this dynamic industry.
About the Certificate
The AGRC Certificate in Risk Management is a comprehensive programme aimed at providing participants with a deep understanding of risk and risk management within the financial services sector. This course covers a wide array of topics, including the regulatory environment, risk identification, and the three lines of defence model. By the end of the program, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and practical skills required to navigate the intricacies of financial risk management. Whether you’re a student, professional, or simply interested in financial risk management, this course offers a solid foundation in this critical field. The expected learning outcomes encompass an array of skills, from understanding risk principles to conducting risk assessments and applying risk management frameworks in practical scenarios. This program is a valuable educational journey for those seeking to excel in the dynamic world of financial services.
By acquiring the Certificate, participants are expected to be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles of risk management in the context of financial services.
- Identify and differentiate between various types of financial institutions and their roles within the sector.
- Analyse the direct and indirect impacts of risk on financial services, including real-world examples.
- Examine the regulatory landscape in financial services, including key regulations and their implications for risk management.
- Establish a comprehensive risk management framework, including defining risk appetite and roles and responsibilities.
- Compare and contrast different approaches to identify, assess, and treat risks in financial services, such as ISO 31000 and COSO ERM.
- Comprehend the “Three Lines of Defence” model and its significance in safeguarding against risks.
- Apply a risk management framework in practical scenarios, including risk identification, assessment, treatment, monitoring, and review.
- Identify and analyse various sources of risk within the financial services sector, including market, credit, operational, and regulatory risks.
- Conduct risk assessments for specific risk types and understand the evaluation and mitigation of these risks, especially in the context of life and non-life insurance companies.
• Register at any time
• Study on your own time and pace within a 3-months period to complete the Certificate
• Assessed by an online multiple-choice exam
6 Reasons to Become AGRC Certified!
- Comprehensive Knowledge | Comprehensive knowledge of what constitutes Money Laundering (ML) and the steps financial institutions need to follow to curtail the criminal world’s increasingly complex attempts to legalize the money accrued from its illegal activities.
- Tools, Information & Skills | The necessary tools, information and skills to transform you into an in-demand professional for financial institutions and other organizations looking to create or strengthen their AML divisions.
- Practical Knowledge | Via the use of five case studies, a thorough understanding of what has been put in practice across the globe to prevent Money Laundering from a legal, regulatory, political, enforcement and economic perspective.
- 1-Year Membership | Free one-year membership to AGRC, where you can exchange knowledge and share experiences with GRCC professionals worldwide.
- Professional Designation | Use of the AGRC’s professional designation as a Compliance professional.
- Study At Your Own Pace | Year-round registration with the option to complete the 10-hour online interactive Sanctions Compliance Certification at your own pace and schedule, plus two attempts to pass the final exam consisting of 50 multiple choice questions.
About the AGRC
- The Association of Governance, Risk and Compliance (AGRC) is a non-profit global professional accreditation and certification organization and networking platform
- AGRC is the fastest growing International AML and compliance community in the world
- AGRC aims to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and sharing of experiences among Compliance, Risk, and Governance professionals
- The AGRC Values: Education | Expertise | Innovation | Global Outreach | Networking
- Learn more..
- Principles of Risk and Risk Management
- The Financial Services Sector
- Impact of Risk in Financial Services
- The Regulatory Environment in Financial Services
- Establishing and Applying a Risk Management Framework
- Approaches Used to Identify, Assess, and Treat Risks
- The Three Lines of Defence Model
- Sources of Risk in Financial Services
- Risk Assessments in Financial Services
- Risk Treatment and Incident Response
• 25-30 hours of self-paced, online, and interactive learning, including analysis of practical case studies.
• AGRC Study Guide
• Analysis of Practical Case Studies
• Set of Mock Practice Questions
• 1-Year Free AGRC Membership
• AGRC Online Examination (two attempts)
• AGRC Certificate
- Professionals carrying out the roles of Directors
- Members of the Board
- Senior managers
- Company Secretaries
- Compliance and Risk Officers
- Consultants may also benefit from this course
No previous knowledge or experience is required, although it is assumed that participants have good knowledge of English and a sound educational background.
The AGRC exam consist of 50 MCQs for the completion and award of the Certificate in Risk Management, issued by the Association of Governance, Risk and Compliance (AGRC). The pass mark is 70% and two attempts are permitted. The time allowed for the exam is 60 minutes.
You attain access to the exam upon the completion of the course. The exam is conveniently taken remotely from your own PC or laptop. You do not need to travel to an examination centre to sit your final test – rather, you can take the exam at your own convenience, at any time from the comfort of your home or office. All you have to do is to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address, and AGRC certificate of choice, and AGRC will send you instructions on how to access the exam.
You have three (3) months from the date of purchase of your training programme to complete the course and book your exam. If you fail to do so, you will have to pay £150 to take the exam via the third-party exam centre.
The AGRC Certificate in AML has been developed by the Association of Governance, Risk and Compliance (AGRC) and course has been created by the European Institute of Management and Finance (EIMF). The syllabus is verified by external subject matter experts and may be accredited by financial regulators and professional bodies for 25 CPD Units in Risk Management.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Most frequent questions and answers
What People Say About EIMF
You May Also Consider . . .
AGRC Certificate in AML15 CPD Units 20 Hours €650.00 Add to cart
AGRC Certificate in Compliance15 CPD Units 20 Hours €650.00 Add to cart
AGRC Certificate in Corporate Governance15 CPD Units 20 Hours €650.00 Add to cart
AGRC Certificate in ESG Principles & Standards15 CPD Units 20 Hours €650.00 Add to cart
Follow us on social media
Join the EIMF Family
© 2023 EIMF. All Right Reserved.