This self-paced, online course provides an overview of AML, the measures needed for efficient AML controls, Suspicious Transaction Monitoring, and Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) to help delegates understand their obligations to report suspicious activity, when to report suspicious activity, and how to report better quality SARs.
Financial crime encompasses many threats to organizations and financial institutions. It has become a major risk in terms of reputation, integrity, and compliance for the financial community at large. Organizations must be able to mitigate risks by having an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance programme in place, one that can effectively identify and report suspicious activities (SAR).
This course will give you a comprehensive overview of everything that is relevant in terms of AML and suspicious activity reports.
The course covers several important issues, including:
• Definitions and legal framework of anti-money laundering and combating terrorism financing
• Offences in the financial markets designated as money laundering offences
• Reasons for the deficiency in financial market governance
• Measures needed for efficient anti-money laundering controls (essential control features to minimize ML/TF in financial markets)
• Suspicious Activity Report (SARs) and how these are related to money laundering prevention
• Defining and identifying several types of suspicious activity and relevant reporting obligations
• Who reports on money laundering trends
• International regulatory/legal requirements related to SARs
• Common indicators of suspicious transactions
• Examples of red flag indicators
• Case studies and examples
This course may take up to four (4) hours to complete. However, actual study time differs as each learner uses their own training pace.
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to acquire and demonstrate specialized knowledge in AML compliance and SARs. It is also suitable for professionals pursuing regulatory CPD in Financial Regulation.
• Governance Officer
• Compliance Manager
• Front line staff
• Asset/wealth managers
• AML officer
• Risk Manager
• Audit Executive
• Internal Auditor
• Corporate Counsel
The course is offered fully online using a self-paced approach. The learning units consist of reading material. Learners may start, stop and resume their training at any time.
At the end of the session, participants take a quiz to complete their learning unit and earn a Certificate of Attendance once all quizzes have been passed successfully.
Accreditation and CPD Recognition
This programme has been developed by the European Institute of Management & finance (EIMF), a leading and recognised training institution.
The syllabus is verified by external subject matter experts and may be accredited by financial regulators, and general financial training accreditation bodies, such as CISI, ICA, and ACAMS for 4 CPD Units.
Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association or other bodies in which you hold membership.
Registration and Access
To register to this course, click on the ”Buy Now” button to pay online and receive your access instantly. If you are purchasing this course on behalf of others, please be advised that you will need to create or use their personal profile before finalising your payment.
If you wish to receive an invoice instead of paying online, please contact us at [email protected].
Access to the course is valid for 180 days.