CIMA – Fundamentals of Business Economics (BA1)
This subject primarily covers the economic and operating context of business and how the factors of competition, the behaviour of financial markets and government economic policy can influence an organisation. It also deals with the information available to assist management in evaluating and forecasting the behaviour of consumers, markets and the economy in general.
The focus of this syllabus is on providing you with an understanding of the areas of economic activity relevant to an organisation’s decisions and, within this context, the numerical techniques to support such decisions.
This subject is part of the CIMA qualification, Certificate in Business Accounting which you need to complete along with other subjects which leads to the ultimate qualification.
Note: The BA1 – Fundamentals of Business Economics does not require formal entry-level qualifications. You must be over the age of 16 and have basic knowledge in Mathematics, ICT and English Language.
|Start date||Study centre||Study method||Study time||Study content||Price|
On successful completion of this subject, you will learn:
- About economics and operating context of business.
- How financial markets and government economic policy can impact a company.
- How factors of competition can influence an organisation.
- How to use information to evaluate and forecast the behaviour of consumers and markets.
Registration and Access
Once you complete an online purchase you will receive confirmation of account activation. Please allow 48 hours to get access to all the modules and for your eLearning account to be set up.
If you wish to receive an invoice instead of paying online, please contact us at [email protected]. Access to the course is valid for 365 days.
Upon the successful completion of the subject Fundamentals of Business Economics – BA1, you can advance to the next subject of the Certificate in Business Accounting (CIMA Cert BA) or If you have already completed other subjects, can apply to the final exam of Certificate in Business Accounting (CIMA Cert BA).
- Macroeconomic and Institutional Context of Business
- Microeconomics and Organisational Context of Business
- Informational Context of Business
- Financial Context of Business
- Study planner and guidance
- Access to AcountingWise Learn
- Comprehensive pre-recorded lectures
- Extensive question practice (including mock exams and feedback)
- Tutor support via phone or email
- School leavers
- Small business owners
- Undergraduates and graduates
- Anyone with an interest in pursuing a career in management accountancy.
Format: Computer Based
Availability: on demand at any of the 5,500 Pearson VUE centres around the world
Pass: A score of 100 out of 150 will represent a Pass
Length: 2 hours
Questions: Contains 60 objective test questions.
Marking: Computer Marked
Results: Provisional result available immediately followed by confirmation no more than 48 hours later.
Please Note: Official Exam is not provided, It should be purchased separately
What People Say About EIMF
You May Also Consider . . .
CIMA – Fundamentals of Management Accounting (BA2)29 Hours €395.00 Add to cart
ACCA – Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA) – OPTIONAL28 Hours €595.00 Add to cart
ACCA – Advanced Financial Management (AFM) – OPTIONAL45 Hours €595.00 Add to cart
ACCA – Advanced Performance Management (APM) – OPTIONAL37 Hours €595.00 Add to cart