in ESG Principles & Standards
Valid Until 15 January 2023
Valid Until 15 January 2023
of the Curve!
-The Association of Governance, Risk and Compliance (AGRC) is a non-profit global professional accreditation and certification organization and networking platform
-AGRC is the fastest growing International AML and compliance community in the world
-AGRC aims to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and sharing of experiences among Compliance, Risk, and Governance professionals
-The AGRC Values: Education | Expertise | Innovation | Global Outreach | Networking
During the past several years, ESG has gained plenty of prominence throughout the corporate world as a growing number of organisations have started embracing its three pillars and setting up programmes targeting issues such as climate change, diversity, equity and inclusion, employee benefits, executive bonus structures, and more. Pressure from stakeholders, the upcoming generation of professionals and consumers, and society at large have made it a crucial part of any organisation’s strategy to look after their activities and performance in these areas. In many cases, these organisations’ growth, stability, and continuity as businesses are at stake. As part of this programme, you will pick up the ins and outs of ESG from a compliance and reporting perspective and be better prepared to help your organisation develop a sound, effective, and long-term strategy to tackle all ESG issues.
The AGRC Certificate in ESG Principles and Standards provides participants with a thorough understanding of a topic that has gained increasing significance and attention amongst corporations, regulators, and researchers. At the same, the Certificate offers guidance as to how corporations can best prepare under the growing number of ESG-related regulations.
AGRC’s Certificate covers the following specific topics:
– The Stakeholder Theory
– Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) vs. ESG
– The Environment, Social and Governance Pillars
– Green Finance
– Principles of Responsible Banking, Investment, and Insurance
– The Business Case for CSR, ESG, and Sustainability
– Global Initiatives and Development such as The Paris Agreement, the European Green Deal, and the UK’s Green Finance Strategy
– ESG Reporting Standards and Frameworks
– ESG Investing Strategies
– The Push for ESG into the Future
– Define the three ESG pillars—Environment, Social and Governance
– Identify the importance of ESG and CSR programmes to an organisation’s corporate governance practices
– Understand the main concepts behind Green Finance and how responsible banking, investment, and insurance work within this framework
– Describe the objectives and main tenets of the many global initiatives set up to encourage policies that will contribute to the growth and advancement of ESG issues
– Study the main ESG reporting standards and frameworks so that your organisation is better prepared to fulfil its reporting requirements
– Understand the main concepts behind ESG investing
– 15 to 20 hours of self-paced online interactive learning including analysis of four practical case studies
– One year of free AGRC membership
– Practice questions
– Online exam
– AGRC certificate
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to be introduced to ESG and the different requirements that this sector might entail moving forward. Professionals carrying out the roles of directors, members of the Board, senior managers, lawyers, company secretaries, compliance and risk officers, and consultants may benefit from this course. No previous knowledge or experience is required, although it is assumed that participants have good knowledge of English and a sound educational background.